5. What are the biggest challenges involved in creating and managing a website?
Managing a website has never been easier than it is today. The web design industry is large and allows companies to have top-quality websites that engage consumers on a daily basis. Here are a few stats on the web design industry and key factors businesses who are looking to create their company or brand’s first website should be aware of:
1. Number of websites built each day: 565,000 (1.6 million per day in 2010)
2. Number of people employed in the web design industry: 1.8 million
3. The average cost of a website: $5,000-$10,000
4. The average cost of a custom website: $15,000-$30,000
5. The average cost of a website maintenance: $50-$100 per month
6. The average lifespan of a website: 2-5 years
7. The average lifespan of a custom website: 5-10 years
8. The average lifespan of a website maintenance: 1-2 years
9. The percentage of small businesses with a website: 50%
10. The percentage of medium businesses with a website: 80%
11. The percentage of large businesses with a website: 99%
Creating and managing a website has never been easier than it is today. Before creating a website, you will be able to find several others in your industry to get a sense of what trends they follow and how the layout is presented. Additionally, you can get a sense of what content they post on their sites, and make the choice to post similar content or make your posts stand out by being different.
Managing your website is far easier now, as well. The web design industry has millions working in it and you can find one within your budget to help curate your content, manage your posts and check the analytics for you. It takes weight off of your shoulders and allows you to continue growing your brand within your strengths. Smashing Pixels has expertise and tools to help build, manage and analyze your website to ensure that you are following trends and posting engaging content for your target audience. If you’re struggling with creating a website for your business or brand, need help managing your content, or just want to update your website to keep up with the current trends, contact Smashing Pixels today.