6. What are some common mistakes that businesses make when trying to attract new customers through Google?
There are a number of common mistakes businesses make when trying to attract new customers through Google. Perhaps the most common mistake is failing to invest enough in their Google AdWords campaigns. AdWords can be an extremely effective way to reach new customers, but only if it is done correctly. Many businesses either don’t invest enough in their campaigns or don’t manage them properly, resulting in poor results.
Google creates their SERPs through algorithms and those algorithms help create the tools needed for each individual website. Looking through algorithms is much like looking over stats. Here are some stats that will help enforce the point that Google can bring new customers to your website.
1. According to Google, over 60% of consumers use the internet to research products and services before making a purchase
2. 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search results
3. 90% of searchers don’t go past the first page of results
4. The first result on a Google search receives 33% of traffic
5. The second result receives 18% of traffic
6. The third result receives 11% of traffic
7. The first five results on a Google search receive 67% of all traffic
8. The first 10 results on a Google search receive 84% of all traffic
9. The average Google search result has a click-through rate (CTR) of 8.6%
New customers can be brought to your website through Google. Through the use of targeted keywords in the quality content, the correct use of AdWords, and the consistent adding of new content, Google can showcase your website on the SERPs. Google has the algorithms that can help you see which pages or your website has the most clicks, giving you an idea of what content users are drawn to.
Google does a lot of the work for you, as long as you put in the right information. You may have to curate it to make it specific to your business, but with the right guidance, it can help bring your website in front of more eyes which, in turn, can bring you more customers and more sales. Smashing Pixels has the tools and expertise to help you navigate through Google services for your business website. We can also help you create a Google MyBusiness page to give your business a profile in the Google index, along with how to index the pages of your website to make it easier for Google to rank each page. If you’re having trouble navigating Google’s services, contact Smashing Pixels today.